Continuing from last week’s post introducing the exploration of homeschooling, this week let’s take a look at some of the benefits of homeschooling:
- When a child is homeschooling we have the opportunity to teach children that learning is not a chore, but exciting and fun.
- We can control what our children learn and when they learn it. While department requirements in terms of content covered does need to be met to a specified level and within a set time frame, there is far more flexibility in implementation, learning experience and content range.
- Content delivery and teaching style can be adjusted to fit your children’s dominant learning styles, be it auditory, visual or kin-esthetic.
- You can create a weekly schedule that fits yours and your child’s needs. Homeschooling allows you to do things without the constraint of a traditional classroom schedule.
- Children can receive in-depth, personal attention in any subject with which they excel or struggle.
- There is the opportunity to transfer your values and beliefs to your children and address their questions when they have them.
- You can address “big issues” with your children when you feel they’re ready.
- Homeschooling can protect your children from the negative influences they may encounter outside the home.
- Teaching is more effective as the interaction on a day to day with your children is 1-on-1.
- You can nurture your children’s natural (musical, artistic, language, mathematical) talents at a higher level so that they thrive and grow.
- Homeschooling allows you to share with your children the common, everyday joys of life.
- Homeschooling helps your children mature through the difficult times in their lives.
- There is the added benefit of being able to take vacations during the school year and make them educational.
- Homeschooling prepares children, particularly in the high school years to learn independently and take responsibility for their education. It teaches independent learning skills which are essential for university.
Next week we will take a look at the possible disadvantages of homeschooling and how to overcome these.
In the interim, if you are interested in home schooling services for 2018, 2019, or even 2020 and beyond, why not complete our home schooling enquiry form by clicking here. Sitters4U is in the process of putting together homeschooling groups of up to 5 children across our coverage areas, which are in the same grades. This brings the cost of having a qualified teacher available to implement chosen curriculum’s in the privacy of your home down to below that of the average private school, ensures one on one attention and secures social life does not come to a standstill in those few educational hours each morning. It also leaves more time for play, more time for exploration and outings in the real world.
If you have home schooled your children and have any advice for parents who wish to pursue this route, please comment below or if you have a specific question relating to this topic, drop us an email at email@example.com
Written By: Bianca Steyn
Want regular childcare related advice? Stay tuned and subscribe to receive our latest articles or join our Facebook group.
If you have any childcare related questions or would like to market with us please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our websites; Sitters4u or the MomsLinkDirectory. We are open to reciprocal marketing offers and love promoting local business. So if you have a local business and think moms and dads or our child care team would be interested in your product or service, get in touch. Get noticed, and yes, it is free. Let’s grow business together South Africa.
Coming soon. Sign up to get notified of the launch of our new premium babysitting app in your area. Introducing www.SitSnapp.com. Find a babysitter or childminder in a Snapp, with little more than a click and a tap. Peace of mind and reliable babysitting services just a few clicks away. Find out more by visiting SitSnapp on Facebook here.