- Prep/ Cooking Time: 10 minutes/30 minutes
- Servings: Makes 3 to 4 servings
- Storage: Serve immediately, or keep for up to 2 days
- Equipment: 1 pan, 1 casserole pan
- 4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 1/2 green pepper, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsps. basil
- 2 tsps. oregano
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 medium Portabello mushrooms
- Heat 2 tsps. olive oil in nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the carrot, onion, green pepper and garlic.
- Saute until crisp-tender.
- Stir in basil and oregano.
- Remove from heat and combine with rice, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove stems from mushrooms.
- Place mushrooms in lightly oiled casserole dish, stem side up.
- Top up with the rice mixture, packing down slightly.
- Brush lightly with remaining 2 tsps.olive oil.
- Bake at 200 degrees celsius for 20 minutes.
For more great articles and tips, please subscribe to receive our latest articles or join our new Facebook group. Got a childcare related question? Drop us a line at sitters (@) sitters4u.co.za or visit our website: www.sitters4u.co.za