- Prep/ Cooking Time: 10 minutes/1 hour
- Servings: Makes 5 servings
- Storage: Serve immediately, or keep for up to 2 days
- Equipment: 2 pots
- 3 cups dried black-eyed beans
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- rice, nut and coriander to serve
- Wash the beans and boil them in a pot with water and salt for 45 minutes.
- In the other pot put the olive oil and the onion.Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley and dill.Let them cook in medium heat for 30 minutes. Add some salt and set aside.
- Drain the beans once they have cooked and add them to the sauce, mix and cook in low heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice, nuts and coriander.
This is an incredibly hearty, simple yet delicious meatless stew to enjoy, anytime. Wonderful for anyone following a low cholesterol diet.
For more great articles and tips, please subscribe to receive our latest articles or join our new Facebook group. Got a childcare related question? Drop us a line at sitters (@) sitters4u.co.za or visit our website: www.sitters4u.co.za