Kale Pesto Baked Zucchini
- Prep/ Cooking Time: 15 minutes/45 minutes
- Servings: Makes 2 servings
- Storage: Serve immediately
- Equipment: Large baking dish, large pan
- 3-4 large organic zucchinis/courgettes
- 2 large organic tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- fresh basil leaves for plating
- Tagliatelle, quinoa, or wild rice to serve
- 2 leaves of organic kale
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/3 cup mix of pine & brazil nuts (or just pine nuts if you prefer a more traditional taste)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil + extra for pan and drizzling on top
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cloves of garlic
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Clean and dry the zucchini. Slice in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the soft inner flesh of the Zucchinis.(Keep the scooped out zucchini aside in a large mixing dish for later.)
- Oil the Zucchini’s and set them aside.
- To make the kale pesto, combine all the ingredients : kale, nuts, olive oil, sea salt, garlic in a food processor.
- Mix for a few minutes to form a pesto, being sure to stop, turn off the mixer and scrape down the edges halfway in between mixing.
- In a large mixing bowl, chop the zucchini flesh into small pieces add in diced tomatoes and kale pesto and mix with a wooden spoon to combine all the ingredients together. Season with extra salt and pepper if needed.
- Fill the tops of the zucchini’s with the mixture, sprinkle with bread crumbs and place in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Serve with tagliatelle, quinoa, or wild rice.
Original Source of this recipe: pureella.com
For more great articles and tips, please subscribe to receive our latest articles or join our new Facebook group. Got a childcare related question? Drop us a line at sitters (@) sitters4u.co.za or visit our website: www.sitters4u.co.za