Quinoa and Black Bean Stuffed Peppers
- Prep/ Cooking Time: 10 minutes/30 minutes
- Servings: makes 4 servings
- Storage: Serve immediately
- Equipment: Large baking dish, large pan
- 4 bell peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for pan
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Brush a thin layer of olive oil across the bottom of a large baking dish.
- In a large sauté pan heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, chilli powder, cumin and paprika, season with salt & pepper, and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the black beans, spinach, quinoa, and tomatoes, and mix together to fully combine. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in fresh cilantro.
- Use a spoon to fill peppers with quinoa stuffing.
- Arrange peppers in a large baking dish and cover with tinfoil. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove peppers from the oven. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
For more great articles and tips, please subscribe to receive our latest articles or join our new Facebook group. Got a childcare related question? Drop us a line at sitters (@) sitters4u.co.za or visit our website: www.sitters4u.co.za