Easy Peasy Wrapsody
- Prep/ Cooking Time: 5 minutes/10 minutes
- Servings: makes 4 servings to 6 servings
- Storage: Eat immediately or up to 1 to 2 days
- Equipment: 2 frying pans, chopping board
- Wholewheat wraps (try sundried tomato wraps for something different)
- 1 red pepper, sliced into slivers
- 1 green pepper, sliced into slivers
- Frys vegetarian chick’n strips
- Sweet chilli sauce (we love Wellington’s but for something different search your local farmers markets and fairs for alternatives like chilli apple chutney, etc.)
- 1 or 2 tomatoes sliced and diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- basil pesto
- 1/2 cucumber sliced and diced
- Organic sunflower seeds
- Olive oil
- Lightly brown the peppers in one pan.
- In another once the peppers have started browning, pan fry your Fry’s strips for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes add the peppers and coat the peppers and strips mix with sweet chilli sauce or chosen alternative. Stir for a minute, and you are done.
- Heat your wraps according to the instructions.
- Smear half the wrap with avo and basil pesto.
- Line the centre with the cooked mix and top with tomato, cucumber and sunflower seeds.
- Wrap and serve.
- Dinner in under 15 minutes with minimal wash up. Enjoy!
For more great articles and tips, please subscribe to receive our latest articles or join our new Facebook group. Got a childcare related question? Drop us a line at sitters (@) sitters4u.co.za or visit our website: www.sitters4u.co.za