Mushroom Risotto (Its easier than you think!)
- Prep/ Cooking Time: 10 minutes/30 minutes
- Servings: makes 4 servings to 6 servings
- Storage: Eat immediately or up to 1 day later
- Equipment: frying pan, mixing bowl, chopping board, sauce pan
- 2 cups Aborio rice
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely grated
- 2 trays of sliced Portabellini mushrooms
- 1 cube vegetable stock, diluted
- 1 litre boiling water
- 3 glasses of white wine, 2 for the food (and 1 for yourself)
- Salt and pepper
- Frying the onion and garlic in a little oil until golden brown in the sauce pan.
- Add the rice and stir through, for 4 minutes.
- Add the wine to the prepared stock.
- Add 1/2 cup stock mixture to the rice at a time stirring continuously. (Tip: Only add extra stock once the last stock has been absorbed by the rice.)
- Cook the rice until all the grains are al dente. Throw in an extra cup or two of stock and leave to simmer for up to 20 minutes.
- In the meantime take your frying pan, fry the mushrooms and season to taste.
- To serve, stir 3/4 through the mushrooms into the rice and leave the rest to garnish with some chopped parsley.
Got any great Meatless Monday ideas of your own? Post a link or leave a comment below. For more great articles and tips, please subscribe to receive our latest articles or join our new Facebook group: Facebook.com/ChildCareSA. Got a childcare related question? Drop us a line at info (@) childcaresa.com or visit our website’s Childcaresa.com | Sitters4U