- Prep/ Cooking Time: 15 minutes/10 minutes
- Servings: makes 20 bites
- Storage: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Equipment: 1 mixing bowl, 1 pan
Bites of delight I call these little lunch box marvels. Fabulous sources of protein for you little bundle of joy.
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15ml) parsley
- 200ml fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and grated
- 1 chicken stock cube, dissolved in 1 tbsp (15ml) boiling water
- flour for coating
- vegetable oil for frying
- Using your hands, squeeze out any excess liquid from the grated apple.
- Mix together the first six ingredients and chop in a food processor for a few seconds.
- Season with a little salt and pepper
- Use your hands to form into about 20 balls.
- Roll the balls in flour.
- Fry in shallow oil until lightly golden and cooked through (10 minutes).
For more great articles and tips, please subscribe to receive our latest articles or join our new Facebook group. Got a childcare related question? Drop us a line at sitters (@) sitters4u.co.za or visit our website: www.sitters4u.co.za