- Prep/ Cooking Time: 15 minutes/30 minutes
- Servings: makes 8 servings
- Storage: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
- Equipment: 2 mixing bowls, 2 pans, baking pan
Served warm, straight from the oven, or chilled as dessert, there’s almost nothing to beat this lovely treat. A perfect lunch box accompaniment your little one will love.
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place the apples and 1/2 of the sugar into a saucepan.
- Cook the apples over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes or until apples begin to soften.
- Drain the apples and set them aside.
- Combine the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter in a bowl.
- Blend the mixture with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set the mixture aside.
- Coat the apples with the lemon juice and spoon into a deep baking dish.
- Top with the crumble mix and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Bake for around 30 minutes.
Serve warm with ice cream for dessert, or set aside in the fridge and add a piece to your child’s lunch box.
For more great articles and tips, please subscribe to receive our latest articles or join our new Facebook group. Got a childcare related question? Drop us a line at sitters (@) sitters4u.co.za or visit our website: www.sitters4u.co.za