- Prep/ Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: makes 24 sticks
- Storage: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Equipment: 2 mixing bowls, whisk, tray, baking tray, wax paper, foil
- 12 sticks reduced sodium mozzarella string cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp flour
- 5 tbsp Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 5 tbsp bread crumbs
- 2 tsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- olive oil cooking spray
- Cut the sticks in half.
- Place the cheese in the freezer until frozen.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg.
- Place the flour in another small dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and dried parsley.
- Dip the frozen sticks in flour, shaking off excess, then into the egg, then coat with the crumbs.
Prepare a tray with wax paper.
Place cheese back into the freezer until frozen again.
When ready to bake preheat oven to 200° C.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with oil.
Place frozen cheese sticks on baking sheet.
Spray the tops of the mozzarella sticks with a little more oil and bake in the bottom third of your oven until crisp for
about 4 to 5 minutes.
Turn and bake an additional 4 – 5 minutes watching them closely so they don’t melt.
For more great articles and tips, please subscribe to receive our latest articles or join our new Facebook group. Got a childcare related question? Drop us a line at sitters (@) sitters4u.co.za or visit our website: www.sitters4u.co.za