- Prep/ Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: makes 18 bars
- Storage: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Equipment: baking pan, 2 mixing bowls, mixer, wooden spoon.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C
- Grease a 3cm-deep, 17cm x 27cm baking pan
- Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at long ends.
- Combine flour, coconut, sugar, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sultanas and apricot in a bowl.
- Whisk milk and egg together in a jug. Add to flour mixture. Mix to combine.
Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until firm.
Stand slice in pan for 15 minutes.
Turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cut into 18 pieces and store in airtight container
For more great articles and tips, please subscribe to receive our latest articles or join our new Facebook group. Got a childcare related question? Drop us a line at sitters (@) sitters4u.co.za or visit our website: www.sitters4u.co.za