- Prep/ Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: makes 12 bars
- Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Equipment: baking tin, 2 mixing bowls, mixer, wooden spoon, screwer, baking paper, cling wrap.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven at 180˚C.
- Lightly oil the baking tray (spray-and-cook works well).
- In a large bowl, mix everything together except the strawberry jam.
- Measure out 2 cups of this mixture.
- Leave the rest in the bowl, and set it aside.
- Take the 2 cups of the mixture and press it into the bottom of the pan, making sure to cover the entire bottom of the pan.
- Use a large spoon, spread the strawberry jam on top of the mixture in the pan. Spread it evenly all over.
- Take the mixture that was left in the bowl, and spread it over the strawberry jam. Press it down lightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut the bars into 12 squares and pack into airtight containers.
Together with ChildCareSA, Heart and Home are giving away 1 of their adorable insulated, and plastic lunch boxes, every second week for the next 2 months. Click here for competition details. How to Enter:
- Like and subscribe to the Heart and Home Facebook page.
- Like and subscribe to the ChildCareSA Facebook page
- Then leave a comment on either page to tell us you have entered or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more great articles and tips, please subscribe to receive our latest articles or join our new Facebook group. Got a childcare related question? Drop us a line at sitters (@) sitters4u.co.za or visit our website: www.sitters4u.co.za