- Prep / Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: makes 2o
- Storage: Keep up to 5 days in an airtight container
- Equipment: Mixing bowl, medium pan, small zip lock bags, non stick baking paper, wooden spoon, wire rack for cooling.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2/3 cup cranberries
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup, firmly packed brown sugar
2 tbs golden syrup
2 tbs water
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the butter, sugar, golden syrup and water in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until the butter melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the bicarbonate of soda.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Combine the oats, flour and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- Add the butter mixture, apricots and cranberries, and stir until well combined.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls.
- Place, 5cm apart, on the lined trays. Use a fork to flatten slightly.
- Bake in oven for 8 minutes or until light golden.
- Set aside on the trays for 5 minutes to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight containers.
Together with ChildCareSA, Heart and Home are giving away 1 of their adorable insulated, and plastic lunch boxes, every second week for the next 2 months. Click here for competition details. How to Enter:
- Like and subscribe to the Heart and Home Facebook page.
- Like and subscribe to the ChildCareSA Facebook page
- Then leave a comment on either page to tell us you have entered or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more great articles and tips, please subscribe to receive our latest articles or join our new Facebook group. Got a childcare related question? Drop us a line at sitters (@) sitters4u.co.za or visit our website: www.sitters4u.co.za