- Prep/Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: makes 12
- Storage: Keep up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Equipment: Mixing bowl, food processor (if you have one, otherwise a mixing bowl and whisk or electric beater will suffice), foil, pan, spatula
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Cinnamon sugar mix
- Cook the pumpkin and drain well or simply cook until the water has evaporated.
- Mash well.
- Place all the dry ingredients put in a mixing bowl or use a food processor to mix well
- Add the eggs, and blend well until a thick batter forms. The batter should almost hold its shape.
- If the batter is too stiff, add a tiny amount of milk. If it is runny, add more flour
- Heat oil in a pan, using medium to high heat to start with.
- Drop tablespoon sized scoops of the batter into pan, but not too close together.
- Fry until they golden and firm on the underside. Flip the fritters over and fry on other side
- You can also use a non-stick pan and use spray and cook, but a little oil is preferable
- To test that press very lightly on the fritters.When done, they will tend to spring back if pressed lightly with a wooden spoon. The batter should be firm and not run. Remove and place on kitchen towel.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon to make cinnamon sugar.
- While the fritters are warm sprinkle the sugar on them.
- Wrap in tinfoil.
For more great articles and tips, please subscribe to receive our latest articles or join our new Facebook group. Got a childcare related question? Drop us a line at sitters (@) sitters4u.co.za or visit our website: www.sitters4u.co.za