- Prep Time: 90 minutes
- Servings: makes 1 loaf or 12 slices
- Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Wrap individual pieces in cling film and add to your little ones lunch box. Loaves will also freeze well.
- Equipment: baking tin, 2 mixing bowls, mixer, wooden spoon, screwer, baking paper, cling wrap.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven at 180˚C
- Lightly oil a loaf tin and line with baking paper.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and soda.
- Combine the butter and sugar, then mix in the eggs, bananas and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Gradually add flour mix until well blended.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 60-70 minutes until golden brown, or a skewer inserted into the bread comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve plain or lightly spread with peanut butter, cream cheese or other healthy spreads.
For more great articles and tips, please subscribe to receive our latest articles or join our new Facebook group. Got a childcare related question? Drop us a line at sitters (@) sitters4u.co.za or visit our website: www.sitters4u.co.za