- Have you worked with a child this age before?
- What methods of limit setting or discipline do you find effective for children this age?
- What television shows do you feel are appropriate for this age group?
- How much television do you feel is appropriate for children this age?
- Are you willing to supervise play time with other children in our home and/or take our child to outside activities which may or may not require your active participation?
- What games would you play with a child this age?
- What meals can you prepare for children this age?
- If the candidate will be looking after the child in the morning ask the candidate if she is willing to plan educational activities and what a typical ‘plan’ would consist of?
- What are the most dangerous areas of the home for children this age?
- How do you deal with separation anxiety often displayed by children in this age group?
- Some nannies/ au pairs/ etc experience loneliness dealing with children all day, how would you ensure you remain happy in your job?
For more great articles and tips, please subscribe to receive our latest articles or join our new Facebook group. Got a childcare related question? Drop us a line at sitters (@) sitters4u.co.za or visit our website: www.sitters4u.co.za