The following set of questions are great examples you can use to ask if you have children aged between 1 to 3 years of age:
- Have you worked with a child this age before?
- How do you handle a crying baby?
- Would you pick up the baby whenever he/she cries?
- What do you see as your primary responsibility to a child this age?
- How would you handle a temper tantrum in a public place?
- Would you handle this differently in a home situation?
- How do you feel potty training should be approached?
- Have you ever had to assist in potty training a child before?
- What role should outdoor play and interaction with other toddlers have in a child´s day?
- What types of educational activities would you engage a child in at this age?
- What indoor activities would you engage a child in at this age?
- Explain the process of changing a diaper, is she comfortable with changing diapers?
- Explain how to sterilize a bottle?
- What are the most dangerous areas of a home for children this age?
- Give a few examples of meals you would prepare for children
- How do you bath a toddler?
- Some nannies/ au pairs/ etc experience loneliness dealing with children all day, how would you ensure you remain happy in your job?
For more great articles and tips, please subscribe to receive our latest articles or join our new Facebook group. Got a childcare related question? Drop us a line at sitters (@) sitters4u.co.za or visit our website: www.sitters4u.