The following set of questions are great examples you can use to learn more about a candidates experience and professional history:
- What is the first job you ever had and what did you enjoy most and least about it?
- What childcare experience do you currently have?
- Describe the children and parents of the last childcare experience that you had.
- Describe your last employer?
- Explain why the last position you held ended.
- What do you enjoy most about caring for children?
- What are the ages of the children you have cared for in the past?
- Have you ever worked with children the same age as mine?
- Does she have any first aid training? If she doesn’t, would she be prepared to attend a course? Ask her specific example specific questions. For ideas on questions relating to home safety click here, or here for more on vehicle safety click here.
- Have you ever had to handle an emergency situation? If so, what happened and what action did you take?
For more great articles and tips, please subscribe to receive our latest articles or join our new Facebook group. Got a childcare related question? Drop us a line at sitters (@) sitters4u.co.za or visit our website: www.sitters4u.co.za